Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Superman Doesn't Build Wealth

My Story
Thought you all might like to know a little about me and how I came to this place in my 'trading career'.  The markets are really excellent at humbling you and that's exactly what they did for me!  I've been trading since 2007... made a lot of money and lost a lot at times, too.  That's what led me to where I am today with my trading.  I have a family and a stepson with severe cerebral palsy (CP) and I can't afford to be playing Superman taking unwarranted, aggressive risks... no leaping over tall buildings for me.  Now, I trade in a way that makes me money and I TAKE PROFITS!!!

Greed can really cloud your judgment.  It did for me.  When I came to my senses, I realized its all about family, energy and the footprints you leave behind.  Now, we as a family try to make values-based decisions.  I really think through the major decisions in my life and try to ensure they are in line with our values.  So, I no longer trade to get rich, I trade to build wealth.  My family tree has changed as a result.  Glad I learned the lesson early and now I can help others before they make the same mistakes I did.  

I'm not doing this blog for entertainment.  This game is serious.  It involves our families, communities and quality of life.  We trade to provide a better life and future for our loved ones.  And yes, trading is a zero sum game.  If you have not prepared and your skills and mindset are not sharpened you will get slaughtered.  If you think its a game you will lose money.   Every aspect of  your personality is tested at some point.  It refines you.

Now lets look at today's action.


As you can see today's conditions were tough to trade in silver.  We only saw a .35 cent range in Silver and a $15 range in Gold, but there were still opportunities if you knew what to look for.  The majority of the price action traded around the VC price indicator line (light blue line above) searching for direction. Usually this would chop people up.  The VC trading room was able to pull $850 out of the Gold and Silver markets.  And, all trading done in the room was live.  You can follow along and make the same trades the room does in real time.  Today, you would've pocketed $850 trading full-size gold and silver contracts.
www.ema2trade.com

TRADING DERIVATIVES, FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS AND PRECIOUS METALS INVOLVES SIGNIFICANT RISK OF LOSS AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the perspective. It is always great to hear the inside track of trading. You stated it very well and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply Stepman. Trading has taught me a lot about myself. See you in the room.

    ReplyDelete